In Episode 7, Greg and Joey discuss socks, theater, and popular music from the 90s.
- Tranquilla by Kim Neuhauser — Joey finished this scarf, except for the blocking (project page)
- Four-Stitch Ribbing Patterns by Charlene Schurch — Joey is taking a fresh look at this “sock that will never end” project (project page)
- Checked and Square Socks, Top Down by Lara Neel from her Sock Architecture (affiliate link) book — this is Greg’s “conference call knitting” project (project page)
- Dyad Socks, Top Down by Lara Neel from her Sock Architecture (affiliate link) book — This is Greg’s #ChristmasDayCastOn project (project page)
- TINY tea leaves cardi by Melissa LaBarre — Greg is working on this cardigan for Blueberry (project page)
- Songs and Albums:
- Skacel — Joey was thumbing through one of their catalogs when he decided to learn brioche knitting
- Brioche knitting — Joey used a YouTube video to learn brioche.
- Signature Needles — Joey used his new needles on his brioche experiments
- Knitter’s Pride Karbonz — Greg and Joey both love these needles and are totally open to a sponsorship deal with Knitter’s Pride.
- Judy’s Magic Cast-on
- Jenny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White
- Waiting For Winter Mittens pattern by Susan B. Anderson
- Greg is writing haiku on twitter. Follow #DailyHaiku by @drmellow and #KnittingHaiku by @KnittingDaddy if you want to keep up.
- Sweeney Todd — Joey recently watched the staged production of this musical and encourages everyone in the Atlanta area to come out to Actor’s Express and check it out.
- Greg’s KnittingDaddy.com blog and his Knitting Daddy Designs Ravelry group — where the #ScrappyPreemieHatKAL for Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat pattern was hosted.
- Itty Bitty Knits Ravelry group — where Greg hosted a preemie hat drive.
- Family Support Network of Central Carolina — Greg is on the Executive Board for this non-profit organization that focus on the needs of families affected by premature birth and children with special needs. They received all the preemie hats Greg collected.
- Additional music for this episode, “The Elevator Bossa Nova,” was provided by bensound.com
Listen To the Episode
Did you see my last picture of how cute Blueberry was knitting all by herself? Well, this is what resulted from that — two-thirds of my stitches left the ranch! Fortunately, I caught her in time before any of the stitches really dropped and I was able to get my needles back through them. I think I need to chat with @cuteknitter about how to have "the talk" about other people's knitting. 😉
I stopped by the hospital during lunch today. I had 320 preemie hats, a pair of booties, a blanket, some books, and lots of love to deliver! Thanks to knitters and crocheters all over the world for supporting the #IBKCharity drive for @fsn_cc I sponsored in the fall. These hats will be finding homes on the heads of precious babies in the coming months.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.