In Episode 8, Greg and Joey wonder if people still write checks, talk about socks, and review a book.
- Four-Stitch Ribbing Patterns by Charlene Schurch — Joey is done with the first sock. (project page)
- TINY tea leaves cardi by Melissa LaBarre — Greg finished this cardigan for Blueberry (project page)
- Christmas Candy Socks by Lara Neel from her Sock Architecture (affiliate link) book — this is Greg’s “conference call knitting” project (project page)
- Dyad Socks, Top Down by Lara Neel from her Sock Architecture (affiliate link) book — This is Greg’s #ChristmasDayCastOn project (project page)
- Fireflies Rising Shawlette by Helen Stewart — Greg is halfway done with this project (project page)
- Susan B. Anderson’s Kids’ Knitting Workshop: The Easiest and Most Effective Way to Learn to Knit! (affiliate link) — Greg loves this book and recently reviewed it on his KnittingDaddy.com blog.
- Sock Architecture (affiliate link) by Lara Neel — Greg’s favorite sock book.
- Wachovia Is Now Wells Fargo — this news is so 8 years ago.
- Lined Drawstring Bag Tutorial — this is the tutorial Greg used to make a stack of project bags, one of which he gave to Joey.
- Red Heart Scrubby Yarn — Great for dishcloths!
- Daily Haiku: 2010 (affiliate link) — Greg’s haiku book.
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White — Greg and Joey are giving away 10 copies of this pattern. See the thread in the Unraveling Podcast Ravelry group for details.
- Knitting With Neko Curved Double Pointed Needles
- ChiaoGoo Amish Design Wooden Yarn Swift (affiliate link)
- Longmire — Joey recommends this TV show.
- Sons of Anarchy — Greg is currently binge-watching this TV show.
- Horizontal Herringbone Stitch on NewStitchADay.com: How to Knit the Horizontal Herringbone Stitch
- Brioche: How to Knit Set Up Rows for 2 Color Brioche and Brioche Stitch in Two Colors
- Waiting For Winter Mittens pattern by Susan B. Anderson
- They Might Be Giants
- The Health Benefits of Knitting piece from the New York Times — Greg wrote about the health benefits of knitting on his blog last year. In that blog post, he also pointed out a survey that the Craft Yarn Council was conducting. That survey’s still active, and you can go fill it out yourself if you have things to add.
- Knit the Bridge – Lindley Park
- Additional music for this episode, “The Elevator Bossa Nova,” was provided by bensound.com
Listen To the Episode
Joey winds yarn using his ChiaoGoo Amish Design Wooden Yarn Swift (affiliate link) in GLORIOUS 4K.
I've had this book by @susanbanderson on my table for a few weeks and finally took the time to give it a good look this morning. I love it! Don't let the title fool you — this is a great book for any beginner knitter: child or adult. I'm looking forward to using it with Blueberry when she gets a little older.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.