In Episode 12, Greg and Joey talk about gold in Georgia, grammar, and the stealing of thunder.
- Giveaway: We gave away a copy of Modern Lopi: One by Lars Rains. Thanks to KnitVentures and Lars Rains for the review copies and prize.
- Dahlonega, GA: It’s Pure Gold
- Joey received a handmade Bronze/Sterling Flame Eyed Yarn Sewing Needle from Leslie Wind, owner of the lesliewind etsy shop. It’s beautiful, functional art.
- Strie Socks, Top Down by Lara Neel from her Sock Architecture (affiliate link) book — Greg’s socks. He’s incorporating the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist, and loving how the FLK Heel is working out (project page). Next time Greg knits a FLK Heel, he’s going to use the instructions on how to do it in a contrasting color.
- Knitted Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis — Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Blanket (project page). Joey’s also knitting this, but he’s using worsted weight yarn because that’s what he has the most of.
- the beekeeper’s quilt by Tiny Owl Knits — Greg’s other scrap sock yarn project (project page).
- The Fibre Seed Preemie Hat KAL/CAL: featuring Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat pattern. May 8 – 23
- Susan B. Anderson Workshop at The Fibre Space: Greg is attending. May 19-21.
- Down Cellar Studio Splash Pad Party: we’re the official pool boys. June 1 – July 31
- TNNA: Greg is attending. June 11-13
- Actually Knitting PalKal: Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat pattern counts for the KAL. June 15 – September 15
- World Wide Knit In Public Day: Saturday June 18
- TV Time With Joey:
Listen To the Episode
My Blue Box Exploding socks are off the needles! They still need ends weaving in, and I'll probably do the citric acid soak wash on them. Yarn is Bounce and Stomp by @nerdgirlyarns in Blue Box Exploding. Pattern is Strie by @laraneel (in #SockArchitecture) and incorporates the #🐠👄😚👠 by @soxtherapist. I love how they turned out! They might be destined to be entered in the fair this fall…. #knittersofinstagram #UnravelingPodcast #FishLipsKissHeel #PutYourBestSockForward
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.