In Episode 13, Greg and Joey talk about knitting superpowers, the next wave in crochet fashion, and Joey’s latest hobby.
- Special thanks to our new sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Giveaway: In celebration of the Coveted Yarn sponsorship, we are giving away a skein of Flat Rocks Yarn and a collection of McPorter Farms knitting accessories. Listen to the episode for details, and sign up on the thread in our Ravelry group. Thanks to Coveted Yarn for providing the prize!
- Knitted Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis — Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Blanket (project page).
- the beekeeper’s quilt by Tiny Owl Knits — Greg’s other scrap sock yarn project (project page).
- Egg To Owl Reversible Toy — the toy that Greg made after attending the Susan B. Anderson workshop (project page).
- Down Cellar Studio Splash Pad Party: we’re the official pool boys. June 1 – July 31
- Actually Knitting PalKal: Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat pattern counts for the KAL. June 15 – September 15
- World Wide Knit In Public Day: Saturday June 18
- Stay tuned for information about the County Fair KAL
- The Princess Bride — Greg’s favorite movie.
- “I Love Everybody” by Lyle Lovett
- Riders In The Sky produce the Riders Radio Theater podcast
- Knitter’s Pride Karbonz — our favorite needles and imaginary sponsor
- Knitting Superpowers: Paula’s crew at Knitting Pipeline talked about their super powers in Knitting Pipeline Episode 250. The Knitmore Girls talked about theirs in Knitmore Girls Podcast Episode 378. After we recorded, but before we released our episode, we noticed that Ellen and Jan talked about theirs in Twinset Designs Episode 78. What would your superpowers be? Leave a comment in the episode thread and let us know.
- Mystery Men — fantastic movie about superheroes with weird powers
- I Love This Yarn — Hobby Lobby’s house yarn, which Joey found in the perfect orange that he’s been looking for.
- Ukulele World Congress — Joey had a great time attending UWC again this year.
- Fibre Space — the yarn shop that hosted the Susan B. Anderson workshops that Greg attended
- TNNA (The National Needlearts Association) — Greg attended the Summer Show and will be talking about those adventures in a future episode.
- The Americans — based on the recommendation in “TV Time With Joey,” Greg is enjoying the first season of this TV show. Joey is bummed that Season 4 just ended and is looking forward to Season 5.
- The Streisand effect
- Tom Petty sings both “The Waiting” and “American Girl“
- Poison sings “Talk Dirty To Me“
- Joey and friends do Poison’s song Talk Dirty To Me
Listen To the Episode
Cruising along on my shawl design, I've been paying attention to how much yarn I'm using and how much shawl I plan to knit. I'm pretty sure one skein isn't going to quite be enough. Fortunately, the LYS had another skein in the same colorway, so I picked it up during lunch. I now have zero fear of yarn chicken and might make the shawl larger than originally planned, when I thought I might be able to squeak it out of a single skein. Yarn is @thefiberseed Sprout in Spinel. Needles are #Karbonz by @knitterpride. Yarn ball being wrangled by @theyarnit.
Had the best time getting to know @knittingdaddy this morning! Thanks for taking tinge out of your DC schedule to have breakfast with @fwfdale and I, Greg! Sorry you guys missed out, @twinsetellen and @joeygibson. (Okay, maybe kind of liked having Greg to myself!) #podcastersofinstagram #twinsetdesignspodcast #unravelingpodcast
Yopp and His Magical Love Pants
Mark your calendars! Next Saturday is World Wide Knit in Public Day! Find some knitters, go grab a bite, and whip out your knitting! Yup! Right there in front of all those non-knitters! Bring us your receipt (complete with a little note from the restaurant server 😀) and we'll give you a 15% discount on any yarn you'd like to buy. We've got some fun classes and Knit-Alongs planned for the summer, so take the opportunity to stock up! #wwkip #warmnfuzzyyarn
Here is a full gallery of pictures of Joey’s first foray into soap making.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.