In Episode 16, the talk is about sweaters, lace, and underwater knitting.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- In celebration of the Coveted Yarn sponsorship, we gave away a skein of Flat Rocks Yarn and a collection of McPorter Farms knitting accessories. Listen to the episode to see if you won. Thanks to Coveted Yarn for providing the prize!
- We are giving away a copy of the Take It Easy: Knits For Relaxing book from Knit Picks, along with enough yarn to knit Walk By The Seaside by Jessica Anderson. See the giveaway thread in our Ravelry group for details. Thanks to Knit Picks and Jessica Anderson for providing the review and prize copies of the book and yarn!
- We are giving away a copy of the Riley Rose Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde (aka BostonJen from the Down Cellar Studio podcast). See the giveaway thread in our Ravelry group for details. Thanks to Jennifer Lassonde for the copy of the shawl to giveaway!
- We reviewed the Everyday Lace: Simple, Sophisticated Knitted Garments by Heather Zoppetti (published by Interweave Press), and are excited to be giving away two copies of the book. See the giveaway thread in our Ravelry group for details. Thanks to Stitch Sprouts for providing the review and prize copies of the book!
- Prize Bin Additions
- $50 Gift Certificate to Knitters Brewing Company added to the prize bin for the County Fair KAL. Thanks to socalknitgirl Wendy for providing the prize.
- Shirley Paden Design-Along — Ellen is participating in this.
- TSSC Underwater Knitting Merit Badge 2016 — Ellen knitted a big portion of this dishcloth in the swimming pool while holding it under water (project page).
- Metamorphic by Lisa K. Ross — Ellen is knitting this sweater for her grandson (project page).
- Mountain Peaks Woman’s Jacket (Fjall jack) — Ellen is working on this.
- Ellen is working on swatches for her Master Hand Knitting Program.
- Joey is working on a scarf for his son.
- Joey is thinking about starting another pair of socks.
- Ongoing Events
- Upcoming Events
- Joey’s Soap — now available for purchase!
Listen To the Episode
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.