In Episode 18, Greg and Joey talk about dreams, fairs, and designing.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- We gave away two copies of Unexpected Cables: Feminine Knitted Garments Featuring Modern Cable Knitting (affiliate link) and two copies of Everyday Lace: Simple, Sophisticated Knitted Garments (affiliate link), both by Heather Zoppetti (published by Interweave Press). Thanks to Stitch Sprouts for providing the review and prize copies of the book!
- Notes from the Ravelry Group
- How to center-pull from a ball of Opal, by whirlybird Margaret — you should go favorite this post right now.
- Knitter’s Confessions: a safe place to confess your deepest, darkest knitting secret.
- Joey is working on a scarf for his son.
- Joey is working on pair of socks.
- Amplitude — Greg’s newest shawl design was recently released and is now available for purchase. You can follow the #AmplitudeShawl hashtag on Instagram to keep an eye on the beautiful shawls people are knitting. Several podcasts are hosting giveaways for the shawl, check the thread in the Knitting Daddy Designs Ravelry group for details.
- Ongoing Events
- County Fair KAL: enter your fiber-related crafts in your local fair, then enter them in our KAL.
- Gwinnett County Fair — Joey entered 3 items: socks, Tranquilla (first place in scarves and cowls!), and soap (second place!). His wife entered in the stained glass category (first place!).
- Greg has entered the North Carolina State Fair with six items and is looking forward to seeing how they performed.
- Georgia Fiber Fest — Joey attended and had a great time. He learned how to spin on a drop spindle. Joey bought items from the following vendors:
- TV Time With Joey
Listen To the Episode
View this post on Instagram
When styled with the point in front, the wings of the #AmplitudeShawl are long enough to wrap around and hang on the side. The oscillating waves on the top edge echo the waves on the spine for a unifying look. Today is the LAST DAY to get $2 off the pattern as an early-bird sale! Buy your copy now. Link in IG profile.⠀ ⠀ (Photo credit: @tssnrmn Tess Norman)⠀ ⠀ #knitting #knittersofinstagram #designing #designersofinstagram #shawl #knitdesign
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.