In Episode 20, Greg and Joey talk about scarves, subscriptions, and shipping.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- We haven’t shipped prizes from previous giveaways yet. We will, eventually, we promise.
- Joey is working on a scarf for his son. His promise of finishing it by Christmas in previous episodes did not specify which Christmas it will be finished by. He’s making good progress, but isn’t banking on Christmas anymore.
- Greg completed a Mini-Stocking (no project page). He loves this pattern.
- Greg is knitting dishcloths. On his fishing trip, he knitted a big one with cotton yarn and Scrubby yarn held double. He’s looking forward to using it. He also has been using KnitPicks Dishie yarn, which he loves.
- Greg is working on a pair of Zigzagular Socks for his mom (project page). First sock is complete, he’s starting the zigs and zags on the other sock now. He’s using HauteKnitYarn.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg has started some imaginary knitting: the Sun Blossoms Cowl with amazing alpaca yarn from Fair Winds Farm.
- Point/Counterpoint by Kino Knits and Sarah Schira– check out the thread in our Ravelry group for your chance to win a copy of this collection.
- Letterpress by Sara Bauer — check out the thread in our Ravelry group for your chance to win a copy of this collection.
- Knitcrate — Use code KD20 at checkout to receive 20% off your first order.
Listen To the Episode
Why, yes, I did cast on the #ZigzagularSocks (pattern by @prairiegirlsusie) yesterday. I'm pretty sure that a wine bottle is the preferred modeling prop for in-progress sock pictures. This pattern is so much fun! It's the first time I've really done much with ktbl, and I really like how they make the cables pop. If I had known about that property of the stitch, I'd have probably designed the cables on my #AmplitudeShawl with it. Yarn is from @hauteknityarn in the Army Girl colorway. Of course, the needles are #Karbonz by @knitterpride, in US3 since the yarn is sport weight.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.