In Episode 21, Greg and Joey talk about cravats, hats, and cats.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Joey continues to work on a scarf for his son. He realized that the 1-year anniversary of starting this project is approaching and is targeting to finish the scarf by then.
- Joey knitted a PussyHat for a friend who is attending the Women’s March on Washington on January 21. See the PussyHat Project website for more information about this project.
- Greg finished a pair of Zigzagular Socks for his mom (project page). He used HauteKnitYarn and his mom loves them.
- Greg finished the Voss Cowl (project page). He loves how the colorwork came out, but can definitely improve on his grafting technique.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete, and he’s about 25% done with the leg of the second sock. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg has converted his imaginary knitting to real-life knitting: the Sun Blossoms Cowl (project page) with amazing alpaca yarn from Fair Winds Farm.
- Knitcrate (affiliate link) — Use code KD20 at checkout to receive 20% off your first order. We followed-up on our Knitcrate review from the last episode.
- Podcasts We Mention And Love
- GitHub, Raspberry Pi, and Arduino — components of Joey’s tech-related goal for 2017.
- DuoLingo — a free language learning tool. We’ve created an “Unraveling Spanish” club. We think you can join the club no matter which language you are studying, not just Spanish. Use code 3RDBNA to join.
- La La Land — Joey loves this movie.
Listen To the Episode
Tagged for #widn by @scribblesandknits. We just got back home from burgers with friends and I grabbed my Voss Cowl to examine how the grafting came out. I definitely have room for improvement! But overall, I'm very happy with the cowl. I'm glad I added the extra repeat — it would have been too tight without it. If you want to play #widn, consider yourself tagged! #knitting #knittersofinstagram #cowl #fairisle
Car knitting on the way to South Carolina for a family gathering. It feels like I'm talking my friends with me. Yarn is from @twinsetjan and @fairwindsfarmpa — 100% real baby alpaca (it's a dream to knit with). I'm knitting the #SunBlossomsCowl by @twinsetellen — I just finished the first repeat and am excited about how it's turning out. The project is traveling in my #GrinchAlong bag by the @knitmoregirls (great size for travel projects). I'm managing my yarn ball in @theyarnit, which is the perfect tool for car knitting (it even fits in the cup holder). Big thanks to my wife for taking the "drive when the sun is out" leg of the trip so I could knit. 😎
Twelve boxes headed to places all over the US, and a bag going to Canada. I'm off to the post office later this morning! These are the physical prizes from the #CountyFairKAL that we put on at @unravelingpodcast. Apologies to all the prize winners who have been waiting months for their prizes. Watch your mailbox this week. 😎
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.