In Episode 22, Greg and Joey talk about bulky knitting, international shipping, and working together.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Joey’s Pussyhat made it to the DC march, and then went to Montana.
- Joey continues to work on a scarf for his son.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete, and he’s about 25% done with the leg of the second sock. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg has converted his imaginary knitting to real-life knitting: the Sun Blossoms Cowl (project page) with amazing alpaca yarn from Fair Winds Farm.
- Greg resumed work on the Flower Cardigan (project page) that is he working on for his daughter.
- Greg started a Milo (project page) for a friend’s impending baby. He is knitting it Berroco Fiora, which he is really enjoying.
- Podcasts We Mention And Love
Listen To the Episode
View this post on Instagram
The February 2017 @knitcrate is bursting with goodness! The yarn is three(!) hanks of @mrscrosbyplays Steamer Trunk. The pattern is a patchwork purse collection from Irene York, which looks very interesting. The extra is a delicious-smelling (spoiler: it's lavender!) heart-shaped bath bomb from @PettingMyUnicorn.⠀ ⠀ There is still time to get this month's crate if you subscribe now! Use the affiliate link in my IG profile or the coupon code KD20 when placing your order at knitcrate.com to receive 20% off your first shipment.⠀ ⠀ #KNITCRATE #UnravelYourKNITCRATE
View this post on Instagram
#YarnLoveChallenge Day 4: speed. I'm not a fast knitter, so I wondered how I would represent "speed" in the challenge. Then I realized that "slow" is a speed! Here's a picture of a sweater I started for Blueberry this past summer, hoping to have it ready for this fall. Well, I just pulled it out of hibernation last night and will be lucky if I finish it before it gets too warm for her to wear this season. That's OK, I'm making it large enough for her to get several seasons out of it. I can't even figure where I left off with the pattern! Time for some detective work. I'm obviously a process knitter, and keeping it slow is just fine with me. What's your speed when it comes to knitting? #knitting #knittersofinstagram cc: @yarnlovechallenge @oharethey @maryheatherb
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.