In Episode 24, Greg and Joey talk about fiber events, shawls, and shaving.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Ravelry Goings-On
- #TryPod — Encourage your friends to try a new-to-them podcast. We encourage you to recommend our podcast! Use the #TryPodABitLate hashtag when you talk about this on social media.
- We gave away a May 2017 Knitcrate box! Listen to the episode and check our Instagram Feed to see if you won.
- We are giving away a copy of the Caius sweater pattern by Kino. Check the Ravelry group to enter.
- We are giving away a copy of the World Of Difference shawl pattern by BostonJen. Check the Ravelry group to enter.
- Joey continues to talk about not working on a scarf for his son.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete, and he’s about 50% done with the foot of the second sock. He’s hoping to move this to FO by the next time we record. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg knitted a Knitted Travel Mug Kit, pattern by Knits4Comfort. He highly recommends the kit, which is available in Jenn’s etsy shop.
- Greg knitted an In Threes (project page) by Kelly Herdrich for an upcoming baby shower. He loves this pattern, it makes a great baby gift. He knitted it in Twist Fiber Studio Haywood Worsted in the “Girl At The Rock Show” colorway.
- Podcasts We Mention
- We’re getting ready for the County Fair KAL. Prize contributions are coming in:
- Carolina FiberFest. Greg attended the Carolina FiberFest in Raleigh, NC and had a great time.
- SAFF — October 27-29, 2017. Greg is planning on attending.
- Ol’ North State Knitting Guild — Greg is scheduled to speak at the September 11, 2017 meeting.
- TV Time With Joey
- The Americans. Joey shared that the current season airing on F/X will not be the final season! There was much rejoicing.
Listen To the Episode
View this post on Instagram
Joey and Greg are @knitcrate Ambassadors and we're excited that we were able to host a giveaway for our listeners! This March 2017 main crate is ready to find its way to our winner — @dendingerb! Congratulations, Beth! Please send @knittingdaddy Greg a DM either on IG or Ravelry with your shipping info and he'll drop this package in the mail for you. For the 100+ of you who didn't win this giveaway, you probably want to sign up for your own @knitcrate subscription. Use code KD20 at check-out for 20% off your first shipment of an ongoing subscription. Everyone wins!
View this post on Instagram
A couple of treasures from the #CarolinaFiberFest! The #vworpvworpvworp #DoctorWho project bag is from @shopsewflo Sabrina and is super awesome. Even cooler is that it pairs wonderfully with the #TravelMug kit from @knits4comfort Jennifer. I ❤ this kit! I started knitting it at the fest yesterday and finished it during lunch this afternoon. The kit contains a generous portion of yarn — I have enough to add a mitered square to my blanket, and maybe a hexipuff. I'm really looking forward to showing off my stitches with my coffee. And finding a new project to put in the sweet TARDIS bag!
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.