In Episode 27, Joey talks with his dear friend, Connie, about crochet, pants, horse heads, and Che Guevara, among other things. This is the second field recording he made at UWC IX, back in June.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Ukulele World Congress (UWC) — Joey had a great time again this year, and gathered several field recordings while he was there
Listen To the Episode
The July 2017 #SockCrate from #KNITCRATE pops! First up is the Merino/Nylon/Stellina yarn in the "Firefly Riot" from @lavenderluneyarn Samantha Furst. (I can't decide if I'm going to make socks with it, or turn it into a shawlette.) This month's pattern is #CelticClimbers by @paperdaisycreations Lisa K. Ross — they may look challenging, but a predictable lace repeat creates a lovely dramatic effect without too much effort. This month's extra comes from @johavi_woodworking Stephanie Murray, and is a bag of cute laser-engraved wood tags that say "Handmade."⠀ ⠀ If you want a box like this to show up on your doorstep every month, the @knitcrate subscription service is what you're looking for. Use the affiliate link in my IG profile for all your KNITCRATE needs, and use the KD20 coupon code at checkout to receive 20% off the first month of an ongoing subscription. Everyone wins!⠀ ⠀ #UnravelYourKnitcrate
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.