In Episode 31, Greg and Joey talk about mermaid tails, fair travails, and hiking trails.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Greg and Joey both think the city of Toronto, Canada is a lovely city.
- There has been interesting discussion about how folks listen to the podcast.
- Joey is working on the scarf for his son and will have it finished in time for his son’s birthday next month.
- Greg blocked his Emelyn Mae shawl (project page). It’s a birthday present for his mom.
- Greg finished his new pair of sock: Board Shorts Socks (project page). Knitting with self-striping yarn is addictive. He is using yarn from Julianma’s Fibre and Meadocroft Dyeworks.
- Greg published a new hat pattern: Thundertwist. He’s really proud of it.
- Greg is working on a new shawl pattern. It’s slow going, because he pretty much only works on it on conference calls at the office and during his lunch break.
- Greg started a pair of sport-weight socks for his mom (project page).
- Review: Lorelei’s Journey: Knitting for (Mermaid) Dolls and those who Love Them. Greg and Joey enjoy this book and recommend it to anyone who knits for kids who would enjoy mermaids.
- The County Fair KAL is in full swing. Check out our Ravelry group for details. We have some new prizes in the prize bin!
- SAFF — October 27-29, 2017. Greg is planning on attending.
- Ol’ North State Knitting Guild — Greg spoke at the September 11, 2017 meeting and had a great time.
- Georgia Fiber Fest — September 7-9, 2017. Joey was unable to attend due to complications caused by Hurricane Irma.
- Podcasts we mentioned:
- Joey is enjoying Project Runway.
- Greg has been enjoying being a part of the Textile Talk with Abby Franquemont Facebook group.
- Joey is enjoying his row counter app on his Apple watch.
- Joey has been hiking. Check out these photo albums:
Listen To the Episode
Thanks to @knitcrate for sending another cool sock crate my way! The Sep2017 crate is themed "couture" and includes @lornaslaces Shepherds Sock in Applique, the Crayon-Box Sock pattern by Nazanin Fard, and Himalayan Bath Salts by @bluereednaturals. I have a feeling I'll cast this yarn on by the end of the week…. If you want a surprise crate of yarn delivered to your door every month, #KnitCrate is the subscription service for you! Use the affiliate link in my IG profile to sign up and use code KD20 to get 20% off the first month of your ongoing subscription. #ad #knitting #knittersofinstagram #unravelyourknitcrate
And my Board Shorts socks are done! (Except for blocking and weaving in ends.) So much fun doing stripes like this! Yarn is by @juliannapuccini, toe is out of #SockArchitecture by @laraneel, and heel is a #🐠👄😚👠 by @soxtherapist. It's kinda neat to see that the striping changed slightly through the skein — enough to make the second sock start the dark stripe just a tiny bit before the heel. It looks great. #OperationSockDrawer #knitting #knittersofinstagram
Friends, I just released a new hat pattern — Thundertwist! Until September 30, the pattern is $1 off — no coupon code needed. See the link in my IG profile to get the pattern from Ravelry. Be sure to mark the pattern as a favorite on Ravelry, too! ⠀ Like thunderbolts flashing from the sky, slender cables zig-zag down from the crown of this hat — but they have a twist! Not only do you knit these thunderbolts from the bottom up, but their stitch definition is as sharp as a lightning flash thanks to the use of twisted stitches. Worked in worsted-weight yarn, this fast and fun-to-knit hat is a great introduction to Bavarian twisted stitches and would be a perfect use for handspun yarns.⠀ ⠀ I knit my sample in @barrettwoolco Wisconsin Woolen Spun Worsted Weight, which is so soft and squishy to work with and really highlights the definition in the twisted stitches. What do you have in your stash that wants to turn into a snuggly hat for this winter? It's time to dig it out and get knitting!⠀ ⠀ #ThundertwistHat #knitting #knittersofinstagram #hats #designing #designersofinstagram
I had a great time sharing my knitting origin story and talking about why #PreemieHats are so important tonight at the Ol' North State Knitting Guild meeting. Thanks, y'all for having me out! And thanks, Pam, for snapping this picture. 😎 #Repost @fibercrafty ・・・ Hey @joeygibson, guess what @knittingdaddy wore to the Ol' North State Knitting Guild Meeting? #sometimespantsareokay #knitting #knittingguild
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.