In Episode 33, Greg and Joey talk about foreshadowing, bar fights, and seed stitch.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Thanks to PrairieGirlDanie for sending us each a hank of her awesome black yarn: One Twisted Tree Prime in the Take The Black colorway. Get your own from Danie’s One Twisted Tree website. Seriously, go get it right here.
- Thanks to YumiYarns Shaina for a copy of her Knit Knosh Cowl pattern.
- Thanks to TwinsetEllen for a copy of her Checkbox Cowl pattern.
- Greg is working on socks for his mom.
- Greg finished the Crosshatch Shawl for his wife (project page).
- Greg finished a Batman Ornament (project page). Get your own kits at the LexiCorp Etsy shop.
- Greg finished a new shawl design. But he’s going to knit a two-color version of it instead.
- Greg finished a Milo for a friend.
- Joey provides an update on the scarf for his son.
- Podcasts We Mention And Love
- We gave out prizes for the County Fair KAL. Listen to see if you won something. (Spoiler alert: everyone who entered won something.)
- Franklin Street (Chapel Hill)
- North Carolina State University
- University of North Carolina
- Fort Pulaski
- Appalachian Trail
- AT Approach Trail
- Tallulah Gorge State Park — check out the pictures from Joey’s post-Thanksgiving hike.
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles — the best Thanksgiving movie ever
- Die Hard — the best Christmas movie ever
- Gremlins — another good Christmas movie
- Silent Night, Deadly Night — a horrible Christmas movie
Listen To the Episode
I cannot tell you how excited I am to get this hank of Take The Black yarn from #OneTwistedTree (aka @prairiegirldanie) in the mail today! I ❤️contrasting heels, toes, and cuffs on my socks, but knitting them in black sock yarn is pretty much why I wear reading glasses now. (Never mind that my 👀 are 44….) I think this black inspired gray yarn is just what the contrasting bits of my socks need without making me want to gouge my eyes out with my DPNs. Yeah, there is a good chance that I’m casting these in tonight. Thank you so much, Danie for the yarn! . . #knitting #knittersofinstagram #OperationSockDrawer #omgblackyarnicanactuallysee
Shut the front door! This yarn from #OneTwistedTree (aka @prairiegirldanie) is just what I’ve wanted my entire life. It’s in her “Take the Black” colorway. Danie has heard me talk about how knitting black toes, heels, and cuffs is why I wear reading glasses now and offered to send me a hank if this yarn to try. As she puts it, “it is a mix of black and charcoal that gives enough variation in the fabric to make the black bearable.” Nailed it! I can see my stitches clearly, and yet the overall effect is still a bold black. I swear if I look at it sideways I see hints of purple, but Danie assures me that’s just how black dyes up. It’s amazing. I’m pretty sure I want this for all my sock contrast bits now. Thank you, Danie! ❤️ . . #knitting #knittersofinstagram #socks #taketheblack
I found the craft glue last night! So everything about the ornament my tree deserves, but not the one it needs right now, is complete. 🦇 This was a super-fun knit, and it worked up quickly. Kit is from @lexicorpknits, who tells me more will be in stock by the end of the week. I’ve already got dibs on a Wonder Woman kit. 😎 It looks like Superman kits are in stock now. Seriously, this is perfect holiday gift knitting — even if it’s a gift for yourself. ❤️ . . #knitting #knittersofinstagram #batman #ornaments #darkknight
Coming off the island from the fishing trip. I finished this hat while waiting for the ferry. I’m not thrilled about the crown decreases, but I’m not unhappy, either. I’ll consider the whole hat a swatch and have some ideas about improving it. Yarn is #DragonflyFibers in “Monster Mash.” . . #knitting #knittersofinstagram cc: @dragonflyfibers
This is definitely the coolest thing that happened while I was at #SAFF a few weeks ago. Here I am knitting on a wedding dress for @daniellelanois. Check out Episode 16 of the Auntie Danie Knits podcast (link in her profile) for details about this dress. I’m honored and humbled that about a dozen of my stitches will be in that dress when Danie wears it on her special day. Thank you, Danie, for allowing me to be part of this. And congratulations! . . #knitting #knittersofinstagram #saff2017 #weddingdress #AuntieDanieKnits
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.