In Episode 37, Greg talks about possession, patterns, and plans.
- I am a Knitcrate Ambassador! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Vermont Craft Tours
- Vermont Craft Tours YouTube
- Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat Pattern
- Greg is working on 2 pair of socks: Ent Socks and Christmas Is Coming Socks
- Greg finished the Spring Drops Cowl pattern by Martha Emily (project page). He used Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock in the Monster Mash colorway. and loved working with that yarn, even it it might not have been the best color for the project.
- Greg finished the En Pointe Shawlette pattern by Joyce Fassbender (project page). He used Audine Wools Worsted in the Turtledove colorway.
- Greg finished a new design: Smoke In The City (pattern to be published soon!). Project pages: small and large versions. He drew inspiration from Seed Stitch: Beyond Knit 1, Purl 1 (affiliate link) by Rosemary Drysdale.
- Carolina Fiber Fest
Listen To the Episode
#ad This month, the @knitcrate theme is "Sugar Sugar." They sent me the Membership option, which contains 2 hanks of Uru Yarn in the Bleu Barry colorway. Also included is both a crochet pattern and a knit pattern. Total retail value of this crate is $63, but when you sign up for a subscription, it's just $25 (with free worldwide shipping). . If you want a surprise package of yarn/patterns each month, use the link in my IG profile and the code “KD20” to get 20% off your first month in an ongoing subscription. . #unravelyourknitcrate #knitting #knitcrate #knittersofinstagram
This collection of #PreemieHats, booties, and sleep sacks comes from Marta (@martaschmarta) and is super-precious. She sent them to me earlier this year, but I held on to them to include with the donation I'm doing as part of this year's #IBKCharity drive. Look at that mermaid sleep sack! Thanks, Marta!
We were in the mountains of North Carolina for the weekend. I remembered Canton had a paper mill, so we took a little detour for an impromptu photo shoot for my new #SmokeInTheCityHat pattern. The pattern is currently out with my test knitters, so I’m looking forward to releasing it soon! . #knitting #knittersofinstagram
All blocked and ready to go! Blueberry is already begging me to have it. “Is that for me or for mommy?” 😂 I suspect it will find itself in Blueberry’s wardrobe. 😎 . This is my #EnPointeShawlette (pattern by @j.fassbender2). It's one of the patterns and yarns in the @knitcrate Membership for January 2018 If you want a surprise yarn/pattern combo in your mailbox every month, sign up for your own KnitCrate subscription (link in IG profile). Use code "KD20" for 20% off your first shipment in an ongoing subscription.⠀ .⠀ #ad #knitting #knitcrate #unravelyourknitcrate #knittersofinstagram #shawlknitting #shawl #TeamSasquatch #Ravellenics2018 #EventWIP #LaurelLace
I’m knitting the #SpringDropsCowl (pattern by @marthaemilydesigns) as part of the #CarolinaFiberFest knit-along. I’m at the point where I’m going to do my second round of dropped stitches. First time I’ve intentionally done this, and it’s so much fun! Yarn is from @dragonflyfibers in their #SAFF exclusive colorway. I’m digging both the pattern and the yarn, even though I’m not convinced this is the perfect marriage of the two. 😎 . #knitting #knittersofinstagram #cowl
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.