In Episode 56, Greg and Pam discuss Stash Wrangling, Pickle Jars and DST. They also discuss Leaflet #8 from “The Opinionated Knitter” by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
Special thanks to Christine for this episode’s introduction!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg continues to work on socks:
- Greg is finished on the Fiber Friends Shawl by Cori Eichelberger. He used Berroco Indio yarn in the Scarlet colorway (project page).
- Greg picked up a languishing WIP: The Peacock’s Tale by Nim Teasdale. He is using Wolle’s Yarn Creations Color Changing Cotton in the Growth 2 color way (project page).
- Pam is still working on a test knit for her friend Martha. She is using Anzula Nebula and APL Crafts Handmade in Blue Galaxy.
- Pam put a few more rows on her Stripe Domination Hat for the KAL.
- Pam is also working on a washcloth using the Gramma’s Dishcloth pattern.
Podcasts, Blogs, Designers and more that we love
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Join in on our KAL! Let’s explore color dominance with the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. See the KAL thread in the Ravelry Group for a pattern discount code. And there is a prize up for grabs!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019) in Raleigh, NC. In addition to the main event, CFF will be hosting a casual community even on Saturday March 16 in the Expo building at the NC State Fairgrounds. We will have more details soon, but if you might be able to join us, put it on your calendar! If you are interested in helping out with a volunteer shift, check out the details here.
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
Upcoming Events Where You WON’T Find Us
Stitches United – Atlanta, GA May 30-June 2, 2019
- Sadie Spins Yarn is a FiberCrafty shop that specializes in handdyed fiber and handspun yarn. Sadie has lots of different types of fiber, too!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #8, pages 48-51 . Next up, Leaflet #9, pages 52-55.
View this post on Instagram
I finished the first part of prepping this cheviot from @sadiespinsyarn (I am seriously taking my time with this). All I have done so far is open the braid so that it is a flat sheet of fiber – kindof like a lasagne noodle. I love how varied the dye is! The “donut” measures about 6” high and 10” across. . . . #handspinning #cheviot #spinningforsocks #fibercrafty #plymagazine #spin15aday #lendrum
View this post on Instagram
My test knit is coming along nicely and it’s a lot of fun. Loving this yarn combination, too! I spied a mistake that I made but I’m not telling and I’m betting you can’t find it 😆. The blue yarn is the sorriest winding I have ever done, it’s so loose!! . Pattern: Swish Stripes by @marthaemilydesigns Yarn: @anzulaluxuryfibers and @aplcraftshandmade . #testknit #knitting #knitstagram #knittersofinstagram #fibercrafty
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.