In Episode 58, Greg and Pam discuss Pollen, Divisive Foods and Knitting Spies. They also review Leaflet #9 from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s “The Opinionated Knitter.”
Special thanks to Diane (scitchr) for this episode’s introduction!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on a new design. More to come.
- Pam is all the way done with the Stripe Domination Hat for the KAL. Her niece has approved it as desirable.
- Pam has been working on her Rickroll by Mary Annarella. She is using yarn from The Fibre Studio.
- Pam also (finally) started a new pair of socks. They are the CPCTC socks from Sarah Jordan. She is using yarn from ShariArts.
- Pam was going to work on Gina’s Brioche Cowl from Purl Soho BUT she hasn’t touched it in a long time and found a lot of mistakes. She decided to rip out about 1.5″ and made a tutorial.
- Pam had a sweater that needed some repair work so she got that done.
- Sharon is the dyer behind CabinWool Fiber Arts and she has mostly yarn and some fiber. She has some yarns that pair beautifully together if you are looking for some coordinating sets!
- PassionKNITS Yarn has offered a coupon code for our listeners! Use code PKY2019 for 20% off your purchase until April 30.
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #9, pages 52-55 . The pattern included is
Garter Stitch Blanket in Sheepsdown. Next up, Leaflet #10, pages 56-57.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Join in on our KAL! Let’s explore color dominance with the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. See the KAL thread in the Ravelry Group for a pattern discount code. And there is a prize up for grabs!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
- The Carolina FiberFest is looking for knit and crochet design submissions for the 2020 Craft-Along. Details are on the website.
- Greg made boiled peanuts in his InstantPot. You can try them, too, using the recipe he found.
- The Heavy Metal Knitting World Championships are set for July 11, 2019 in Joensuu, Finland. If any of our listeners participate, let us know!
- Pollen! Greg found some clip that demonstrates the pollenpocalypse. Durham is about 20 minutes west of Pam and an hour east of Greg.
- Slow TV: National Knitting Night, Bergen to Oslo, and National Firewood Night
View this post on Instagram
I started a brioche cowl 2 years ago and set it aside. When I picked it back up, I saw a lot of mistakes that I couldn't live with and I decided to rip it back. I made a tutorial since I was going down that road. Hopefully you never need it, but if you do, it's on my YouTube channel and the link is in my bio. . . . #briocheknitting #fixingbrioche #knittingtutorial #ripitripitripit #whenknittingattacks #knitting #knittersofinstagram #knittersofig #knittinglove #knitting_inspiration #fiberboss #handknit #ilovetoknit #yarnaddict #knitstagram #instaknit #ravelry #briochecowl
View this post on Instagram
On the @unravelingpodcast we are hosting a color dominance kal with the Stripe Domination Hat pattern by @twinsetellen. It was a really fun project to learn about my own knitting and how to purposefully create color dominance! You can really see the stripes on the inside of the hat, too. (swipe) My niece will be the lucky recipient of the finished hat. I’m really pleased with it AND I learned a lot! You can play along, too – details are in the #ravelry group. . . . #stashbuster #stripedomination #stripedominationkal #unravelingpodcast #knitcast #knittingpodcast #knittingpodcasts #knithat #knitalong #handknitters #fibercrafty
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.