In Episode 71, Greg and Pam discuss not fishing, not knitting, and not getting drafted. They also review Leaflet #20 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
Special thanks to Kym for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is still working on a gramps cardigan, pattern by tincanknits. He is using Berroco Vintage. He just needs to finish the finishing work and get some buttons.
- Greg also finished a small cross-stitch kit. It’s a chocolate soft serve ice cream emoji.
- Pam worked on the Julgran Sweater by Andi Satterlund. She is using 100% superwash merino worsted from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam also worked a little bit on the Interplay Shaw for the Back to School Colorwork CAL. She is using yarn from Dirty Water DyeWorks.
- Pam has been unknitting a sweater she made her husband years ago.
- Ten Mile Fiber is a farm with a small mill and they process not only their own farm fiber, but also that from neighboring farms. Check out their beautiful fiber!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #20, pages 98-101 featuring the Kangaroo Pouch Sweater! Next up, Leaflet #21, pages 102-107.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
- Are you ready for the Back to School Colorwork CAL? It started September 1 and the Ravelry thread is already hopping! Our first and second winners were announced.
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is ongoing.
- Greg is collecting preemie hats via the Itty Bitty Knits Revelry group.
- Pam met up with Jan of the Twinset Designs podcast and had a delightful time.
- There is a wonderful article about the woman who knit the sweaters for the new movie Mr. Rogers movie, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.
- And, here you can find a pattern to make your own.
- And, Tom Hanks is related to Fred Rogers.
- Pam also mentioned the Enneagram workshop she attended. Her friend who is an Enneagram instructor, recommends this online test if you are interested. (There are lots of free ones but if you don’t get a clear type a paid one might be worth it.)
This is why Greg’s fishing trip was cancelled:
View this post on Instagram
Last night I had the best time with @twinsetjan! She was in town and we met for dinner and it was wonderful. I wish we had more time together because the evening flew by, we hardly even talked about knitting. Jan, you are a wonderful human! 😘 @knittingdaddy, hope you can join us next time! . . . #twinsetdesignspodcast #unravelingpodcast #knittersarethebest
View this post on Instagram
I am currently hosting a #PreemieHat drive in the Itty Bitty Knits group on Ravelry. First batch of hats came in today from an anonymous donor. I love the kindness and generosity of knitters. 😍 If you want to send me a preemie hat (or several), let me know! I’ll collect them and donate them to @fsn_cc when the drive is over.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.