In Episode 87, Greg and Pam discuss new beginnings, new kittens, and new cables for needles. They also finish the discussion of Chapter 3 From “Knitting Rules!” by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Special thanks to DCAlaneKnits Alane for this episode’s intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg finished knitting The Peacock’s Tale by Nim Teasdale. He’s using Wolle’s Yarn Creations Cotton 100 gr in the Growth 2 colorway. He’s blocking it now. Check out his project page.
- Greg is working on some basic socks for himself. He is using Sea Star Handpaints Bare Foot in the Sweater Weather colorway. He’s decorating it with progress keepers from Ann Tudor as he goes. Check out his project page.
- Pam is using yarn from Heelside Farms that is worsted 80% Cormo/20% Bamboo for The Weekender sweater by Andrea Mowrey. She’s finished it by the time you read this.
- Pam also made a few more face scrubbies in her improvised pattern.
- Before Avery left for school she embroidered a canvas.
- Pam and Avery sewed one pillow from the fabric she wove but it needs a few finishing touches.
- We discussed the last section of Chapter 3 in Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter. It was about paper, notebooks, and patterns.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away chatter prizes in our next episode, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- Greg is continuing to enjoy the baseball knit-a-long in the Sunsoaked Yarns Ravelry group.
- Greg is enjoying his new baseball-themed project bag. The BaseballFinds shop on etsy sells them as “lunchboxes,” but they make excellent project bags.
- Greg and Pam enjoy Moleskine notebooks.
- We mentioned several magazines:
- We mentioned several books:
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram