In Episode 74, Greg and Pam discuss grief, family, and the future. They also review Leaflet #22 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
Special thanks to dmbrown240 Danielle for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on the Alouette cardigan, pattern by Lisa Chemery. He is using Kraemer Yarns Perfection Sport (provided by Kraemer Yarns for review).
- Greg is working on a Tiger Owl cowl, (his own pattern). He forgot what kind of yarn he’s using.
- Greg finished a Knits4Comfort tumbler with a kit he bought at the Carolina Fiber Fest last year.
- Pam has been weaving an hopes to get back to knitting more now that her elbow surgery is behind her.
- Pam shared her observations on knitting and grieving.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #22, pages 108-111.
- We are almost done with The Opinionated Knitter! The next book we will tackle is Knitting Rules! (affiliate link) by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Check out the Harry Potter book: Harry Potter: Knitting Magic: The Official Harry Potter Knitting Book (affiliate link). We will review it next episode. We are also giving away a copy of the book next time — check out our Ravelry group for details!
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is finished. We drew for winners this episode.
- The Carolina Fiber Fest is coming up March 13-14, with classes March 12-15. Pam and Greg are both attending.
- Colleges mentioned: UNC Chapel Hill, NC State, UNC Wilmington.
- Greg’s favorite candy is the Sweethearts heart candy.
View this post on Instagram
Tuesday morning, my brother unexpectedly passed away. I’m so heartbroken, we were very close and he was such a wonderful man. Today is his Celebration of Life and because he loved a good party, we are having one. I’m even more heartbroken for his wife and children, whom he adored. A GoFundMe has been set up for them (in bio) and if you are inclined to help, it is so appreciated. He never met a stranger, never hesitated to help anyone and was one of the kindest, gentlest souls that I knew. 💔
View this post on Instagram
An owl stopped by yesterday and dropped of this book: “Harry Potter Knitting Magic” by @tanisknits Tanis Gray! It’s going to be released on January 28 (pre-orders available now, check your favorite book sellers), but the publisher (@insighteditions) sent Pam and me advanced copies so we can review it on an upcoming @unravelingpodcast episode. I’ve only thumbed through it so far, but I am enjoying what I see. Look forward to a review in an upcoming podcast episode. 😎 #knitting #knittersofinstagram #HarryPotterKnittingMagic #KnittingMagic #WizardingWorld #UnravelingPodcast
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.