In Episode 83, Greg and Pam discuss time being meaningless, swatching, and Ravelry’s new look. They also finish discussing Chapter 2 From “Knitting Rules!” by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Thanks to DarkinnKnits Charles for this episode’s intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is almost finished with a pair of socks for his mom that doesn’t have a project page yet. Yarn is form Camel City Dyeworks. He is using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel on the sock, which is a great pattern.
- Greg is working on a hat design with ModeKnit Yarn.
- Pam is totally done with her daughter’s college blanket, Swirly PoP by Marken of the Hat & I. She used Knit Picks Chroma Worsted and Mighty Stitch.
- Pam finished her Interplay Shawl by Jo-Anne Klim with Dirty Dyeworks yarn. Yay!
- Pam worked a tiny bit on Scott’s socks using Patons Kroy.
- Pam made the Stretchy Crochet Headband from bobwilson123.
- Pam started swatching with some yarn she got from Heelside Farms. It’s worsted 80% Cormo/20% Bamboo. She case on for The Weekender sweater by Andrea Mowrey.
- Pam also got some yarn from PassionKnits Yarn and started the Flohmarkt shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is going to make a change to one part and has been swatching for it.
- We finished Chapter 2 in Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link).
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We drew a winners for 2 digital copies of the book A New Spin on Color by Alanna Wilcox.
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- DarkInnKnits Charles is one of the co-hosts of the Trek Talking and Beyond podcast.
- Greg has finished shipping all outstanding prizes. If you have been expecting a prize from us and have not yet received it, please reach out to Greg to let him know.
- Ravelry has a new look. You can share feedback in this thread or this thread on Ravelry.
- Pam suggested Greg take a look at Outschool for some summer classes for Blueberry.
View this post on Instagram
Finished!! I didn’t share a lot of pictures of this because it was a part of @amazing.avery’s graduation gift but the end result is perfect! This is the #swirlypopblanket by Marken of The Hat and I. I used @knit_picks #chromaworsted and #mightystitch. It feels so good to sit under and turns out I really like process crochet! 🤣 I love that the colors are somewhat UNCW also. It was a fun project! . . . #crochetallday #crochetblanket #unravelingpodcast
View this post on Instagram
One of my favorite tools is the @sockruler. Here I’m checking to see if I’m ready to start the toe decreases on my mom’s sock yet. Not quite. The yarn is the “Twist Of Fate” colorway on the Sawtooth base in sport weight from @camelcitydyeworks. #knitting #knittersofinstagram #fishlipskissheel #sockruler #🐠👄😚👠
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram