In Episode 11, Greg and Joey talk about math, music, and drinking while knitting.
- Giveaway: We reviewed and are giving away a copy of Modern Lopi: One by Lars Rains. Listen to the podcast and check out our Ravelry group for details and a chance to win. Thanks to KnitVentures and Lars Rains for the review copies and prize. Greg and Joey both enjoyed this book and recommend it.
- Strie Socks, Top Down by Lara Neel from her Sock Architecture (affiliate link) book — Greg’s socks. He’s incorporating the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist, and loving how the FLK Heel is working out (project page). Next time Greg knits a FLK Heel, he’s going to use the instructions on how to do it in a contrasting color.
- Milo by Georgie Nicolson — Greg knitted this for a friend’s baby shower (project page).
- Knitted Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis — Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Blanket (project page).
- Events — Greg is planning to attend all of these. If you go, too, please find him and say “hi!”
- Simply Socks Yarn Company in Fort Wayne, IN — Greg was able to visit in person and loved the shop.
- WEBS (yarn.com) — Joey bought a new set of Karbonz needles
- The Yarn Garden Knit Shop — Joey is planning to visit soon, in search of yarn for Thomas’ scarf
- Saxapahaw, North Carolina
- Fix-A-Stitch — we gave away a Fix-A-Stitch in our last episode
- Valley Girl — Joey loves the music from this movie
- Sprout Patterns — Greg was not able to attend the workshop they recently hosted, but he hopes to attend a craft night sometime in the future.
- National Poetry Month
- 500 Songs for Kids — Joey is playing bass on a song for this charity event. You can donate to the charity via the Southeast Ukers donation page. (The Southeast Ukers are a group of ukulele players that Joey plays with.)
- Joey won a bass guitar
Listen To the Episode
View this post on Instagram
Just past the contrasting cuff on the second sock. That's exactly where I want to be since I'm getting on an airplane tomorrow and think this will make for some fine travel knitting. Pattern: Strie (modified) by @laraneel in #SockArchitecture Heel: #🐠👄😚👠 by @soxtherapist Yarn: Bounce and Stomp in Blue Box Exploding by @nerdgirlyarns Needles: US1 #Karbonz by @knitterpride Yarn bowl: @theyarnit Backdrop: a cheap towel from Target #FishLipsKissHeel #knitting #knittersofinstagram #UnravelingPodcast
View this post on Instagram
…..and, scene! I can tidy up the join point when I weave in the ends. Stealing from the cast-on tail for the last 6 stitches of the bind off (where there were with both yarns) worked just fine. I'll call this a #YarnChicken draw. I won't claim it as a win, but I was certainly not defeated! #UnravelingPodcast
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.