In Episode 23, Greg and Joey talk about the weather, knitting winter items when it’s warm, and various subscription boxes.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Ravelry Goings-On
- Joey continues to work on a scarf for his son.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete, and he’s about 25% done with the leg of the second sock. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg resumed work on the Flower Cardigan (project page) that is he working on for his daughter.
- Greg finished a Milo (project page) for a friend’s impending baby. He knit it Berroco Fiora, which he really enjoyed.
- Greg knitted a Baby Surprise Jacket (project page) in a week.
- Greg knitted a Crimson Horror cowl (project page) in a day.
- Greg continues to work on his scrap yarn projects: Knitted Patchwork Recipe (project page) and Beekeeper’s Quilt (project page).
- Rib Magazine. Greg loves his copy of issue one and is looking forward to future issues.
- TV Time With Joey
- Rainy Night In Georgia. Greg particularly enjoys the Ray Charles version.
- The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia.
- Bates Motel
- Taproot Magazine
- Carolina FiberFest. Greg is attending the Carolina FiberFest in Raleigh, NC March 24th and 25th.
- Firefly — cancelled too soon
- Bobcat In A Box
- Amazon Echo (affiliate link) — Joey is writing skills for his Echo
Listen To the Episode
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.