In Episode 30, Greg and Joey talk about world records, festivals, and disasters.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Dodec Spinning Wheel: Greg is thinking of making one of these.
- Greg’s Cigar Box Guitar: photo album of the process of making the guitar.
- Vogue Knitting: Joey noted that an article in the Fall 2017 issue about setting the world record for sheep-to-sweater was interesting.
- Guilford County 4-H won’t hold its competitive exhibits at the fair this year: Greg is sad that his local fair doesn’t have competitions anymore.
- Texas flooding — here’s how knitters can help victims: Article from The Oregonian by Mary Mooney about how to effectively use craft skills for relief efforts after a disaster.
- Joey is working on the scarf for his son and will have it finished in time for his son’s birthday next month. Greg mentioned using the technique of holding two strands of yarn together to effectively create a larger yarn, which he employed in the Drawing Nigh shawl.
- Greg finished his pair of Allons-y Socks (project page) with yarn from Knitcircus. He still needs to block it.
- Greg finished his Emelyn Mae shawl (project page). It’s a birthday present for his mom.
- Greg started a new pair of sock: Board Shorts Socks (project page). Knitting with self-striping yarn is addictive. He is using yarn from Julianma’s Fibre and Meadocroft Dyeworks.
- Greg is almost ready to publish a new hat pattern: Thundertwist.
- The County Fair KAL is in full swing. Check out our Ravelry group for details.
- SAFF — October 27-29, 2017. Greg is planning on attending.
- Ol’ North State Knitting Guild — Greg is scheduled to speak at the September 11, 2017 meeting.
- Georgia Fiber Fest — September 7-9, 2017. Joey is planning on attending one of the days.
- Podcasts we mentioned:
Listen To the Episode
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.