In Episode 52, Greg and Pam discuss Goals, Sock Length, and Dogs. We also discuss Leaflet #5 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
- Greg finished socks in sport weight yarn for his mom. He didn’t make a project page for it, though. He’s currently working on finishing up the socks that are already on his needles: Lana Grosa Socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Ashbury yarn and Christmas Is Coming Socks in Dyeabolical Sturdy (version 1) yarn.
- Pam is basically finished with her The Elizabeth Zimmerman Coat using Cascade Ecological Wool. She just needs to add buttons and button loops.
- Pam knit 5 little Acorn Ornaments by Carmen Rigby-Willson with some yarn she had dyed. She originally was going to make some stars but decided to save the pattern for the future.
- Pam worked on her Fish Lips Kiss Heel socks. She’s using Lang Jawoll Cotton Stretch Color.
- Pam worked on her Rickroll by Mary Annarella/Lyrical Knits. She’s using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam started her 150 Fade by Fiber Me This. She’s using some Plymouth Happy Feet she had dyed.
- Pam made a super chunky blanket without needles. She used this tutorial as a starting point.
- Pam started spinning some merino fiber.
- Avery (Pam’s daughter) made Daphne (our dog) a reversible bandana. We didn’t really have a pattern, just used a folded bandana as a template and added some length for her neck size.
Podcasts and Designers We Love
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We are starting a new KAL! Let’s explore color dominance with the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. See the KAL thread in the Ravelry Group for a pattern discount code.
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019) – In addition to the main event, CFF will be hosting a casual community even on Saturday March 16 in the Expo building at the NC State Fairgrounds. We will have more details soon, but if you might be able to join us, put it on your calendar!
- FiberCrafty got an update! Check out how much easier it is to add favorites, browse the shops, see shop ratings and more.
- Pam is going to be hiring a virtual assistant! She is looking for someone who loves yarn and has social media experience.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- Leaflet #5 discussed, pages 30-35.
View this post on Instagram
Looking for a last-minute gift? It’s never too late to get a subscription to @knitcrate! Pictured here is the December 2018 Membership Crate: 2 hanks of Vidalana Heathered Chunky (I got the Black Cherry colorway), the Inspirations booklet with knit and crochet patterns, and a pin for my project bag! Check out the link in my IG profile and use the code KD20 for 20% off your first shipment in an ongoing subscription. This is a great gift for yourself or for a yarn enthusiast on your shopping list! #ad #knitting #knittersofinstagram #knitcrate #knitcratemembership #unravelyourknitcrate
View this post on Instagram
I neglect this account so badly! I couldn’t post before but I gifted these sweet little acorns last night. I just love them and they were fun to knit! I made little tags with shrinky dinks cut into the shape of oak leaves. Pattern is Acorn Ornaments on Ravelry. . . . #knitworthy #knitstagram #knittersofinstagram #knitting #knitaddict #fibercrafty
View this post on Instagram
We had such a great time at @warmnfuzzyyarn today! @knittingpipeline Paula was in town and suggested we have an informal podcaster meet-up. So we did! Rebecca was a wonderful host. @fibercrafty Pam and I were happy to get the word out about the @unravelingpodcast. We were joined by BlueChinaDoll and her mother-in-law. Sitting, knitting, and telling stories. Fun for everyone! Also pictured: Grommet and Rosie, the shop dogs. #knitting #knittersofinstagram #podcast #knitcast
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.