In Episode 67, Greg and Pam discuss counting, cautionary tales, and colorwork.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg started an Eklutna Lakeside Shawl by Mary Dickerson (pattern page). He is using Knitologie Worsted Merino yarn in the Kestral colorway.
- Greg is getting ready to start a baby sweater that his wife’s aunt probably started in the mid-70s.
- Pam needed to re-block her RickRoll and attempted to remove some dye that bled the first time she blocked it. It’s a new color now! She mentions Synthrapol.
- Pam finished all the crochet on the Malia Bag by Rebecca Langford.
- Pam started and finished a KnittedKnocker for a local woman who is having a mastectomy. She used the magic loop method and used Modern Cotton DK from Berroco.
- Pam also cast on the Interplay Shaw for the Back to School Colorwork CAL. She is using yarn from Dirty Water DyeWorks.
- Pam also worked on her CPCTC Socks by Sarah Jordan.
- Pam worked on the Julgran Sweater by Andi Satterlund. She is using 100% superwash merino worsted from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam finished spinning the 3rd singles from her merino spinning project.
- LizaDee Originals is a FiberCrafty shop that has beautifully hand dyed yarns
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
Unraveling Podcast Group Updates
- Episode 65 Thread: Adding books to your Ravelry Library and Yarn Crawl Etiquette
- Greg enlightened us on how to mark a thread unread (look in right corner in the green ribbon across the very bottom of the page)
- Pam reviewed the Sirka Counter.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We skipped EZ this episode! Next time we will cover Leaflet #18, pages 90-93.
- Pam and Greg talked about a couple of ways to join in yarn including the Clasp Weft Join, the Russian Join and using Fray Check (affiliate link).
- Hurricane Dorian didn’t cause much trouble for Greg and Pam — they are both far enough inland to be out of its path.
- Greg went to Atlanta and enjoyed a couple of Braves games and visiting the Georgia Aquarium.
- Greg is planning on going to the North Carolina Folk Festival this weekend. He’s especially looking forward to seeing Booker T. Jones.
- Cheerwine is the South’s unique cherry soft drink.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
- Are you ready for the Back to School Colorwork CAL? It started September 1 and the Ravelry thread is already hopping!
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is ongoing.
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Pam & Greg will be giving a talk about Elizabeth Zimmermann at the Ol’ North State Knitting Guild on September 9 in Raleigh, NC.
- Greg is planning on going to SAFF, which runs from October 25-27. Greg intends to be there Friday and Saturday (25026).
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.