In Episode 82, Greg and Pam discuss graudating, coloring, and closing. They also start discussing Chapter 2 From “Knitting Rules!” by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on a pair of socks for his mom that doesn’t have a project page yet. Yarn is form Camel City Dyeworks. He is using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel on the sock, which is a great pattern.
- Greg is working on a hat design with ModeKnit Yarn.
- Pam is basically done with on her daughter’s college blanket, Swirly PoP by Marken of the Hat & I. She is using Knit Picks Chroma Worsted and Mighty Stitch.
- Pam has also been working on her Interplay Shawl by Jo-Anne Klim with Dirty Dyeworks yarn. So close to the end!
- Pam started swatching with some yarn she got from Heelside Farms. It’s worsted 80% Cormo/20% Bamboo.
- We started Chapter 2 in Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link) and stopped halfway down page 36 and covered page 37.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We drew a winner for the Point/Counterpoint Collection: Volume 5 by Kino Mary and BostonJen. Listen to see who won!
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
Book Review: A New Spin on Color
- We reviewed the book A New Spin on Color by Alanna Wilcox and have 2 digital copies to give away.
- Check out the Ravelry group to enter!
- We talked about a video that shows a room furnished in synthetics vs a room furnished in wool and their burn times. It’s dramatic!
- We shared the letter from BluPrint’s CEO about their closing.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram