In Episode 89, Greg and Pam discuss yarn felting, yarn bleeding, and yarn beading. They also have a visit from the Button Whisperer!
Special thanks to walshcentral Maryann for this episode’s intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg finished some basic socks for himself. This time using Sea Star Handpaints Burried Treasure (a DK-weight yarn) in the Cape Hatteras & Brick-ish kit. He loves knitting big fluffy socks. Check out his project page.
- Greg started and finished the Mirror of Erised Cowl. He used Quince & Co. Owl in the Cranberry colorway. Check out his project page.
- Greg started the Romi’s Mystery Shawl 2020. He’s using Meadowcroft Dyeworks Cross Creek Sock in the Pisgah National Forrest and Harold’s Crayon color ways. He’s also adding beads! Check out his project page.
- Pam worked on the Super Soft Merino Snowflake Scarf by Purl Soho. It is for the Foster Care to Success Red Scarf Project. She is using Allegria Grande by Manos del Uruguay.
- Pam finished spinning the 2nd singles of her Cheviot sock spinning project. She plied the first 2 sets of singles and started spinning the 3rd singles. The fiber is lovely from Sadie Spins Yarn!
- Pam repaired the hole in her Archer sweater by Elizabeth Doherty. It was knit with Malabrigo Finito.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam knit a little sleeve for her mug from Target. She used hand spun from the Cheviot she is spinning for socks.
- Pam also made 20 more crocheted face rounds so she can stop buying cotton rounds. She used KnitPicks Cotlin.
- This episode we had a visit with The Button Whisperer Meredith! Next episode we will pick up in Chapter 4 of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- The Carolina FiberFest Virtual Pop-Up Market is scheduled for Saturday October 31 and Sunday November 1. You can find out more and play along in our Facebook Group.
- Cat Bordhi passed away. Clara Parkes wrote a beautiful tribute that captured Cat’s spirit.
- Greg is reading the book Why Fish Don’t Exist by Lulu Miller. He heard about it on the Fish Nerds podcast.
- Pam is reading the book Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky.
- Greg is using beads on one of his projects which got us talking about using flossers and tiny crochet hooks for adding beads.
- Pam has a small felted lipstick and change purse kit to give away from Noni Patterns.
- The Cast On podcast is coming back!
- Ravelry has a new mode that is designed to help with usability issues. It is called Herdwick.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram